Things I Have an Unhealthy Addiction To
1. So You Think You Can Dance. I love this show far more than I should. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but let me just share my favorite moment so far. It features Chelsie, a ballroom dancer, and Mark, a contemporary dancer doing a lyrical hip hop routine to Bleeding Love.
I love them so much it hurts.
2. My family’s hometown. I can’t help it. It may be Super Conservative Farmtown, USA where the locals hit up WalMart for a good time… but my family is there. However, we stay out of the town at our little lake and drink Landshark beer on our pontoon. But there’s a new movie coming out, American Teen, which was filmed at the high school there. It was the high school my parents attended, as well as all of my aunts and uncles on both sides of the family, and a good chunk of my cousins. It was the high school I visited for football games, where I competed in Quiz Bowl, where I saw my cousins graduate. And now there’s a movie? Bizarre.
3. The other counselors. I love these people. We make a fantastic family of 13. I love learning their stories, seeing their talents, having lunch with them, sitting up late with them, depending on them. The support system I’ve had at camp is what has made the past two weeks and upcoming final week worthwhile.
4. Obsessing about moving. The Beau Named Joe has a start date- Aug 11… which means the Big Move is coming oh so soon… which means we need to find an apartment to which we can make the Big Move. Quickly quickly.
5. Performing. Shit, I’d almost forgotten how much I love an audience. Thank you, Fine Arts Camp, for rekindling that unhealthy addiction. Let’s hope the new ‘burb has a civic theatre…